Tuesday, November 4, 2014

From PHD to FP

So . . . the other day I was thinking about this blog . . . and wondering why I don’t seem to have anything to say lately.  I mean, it’s not like I’m not doing anything “blogworthy.”  I have dozens of project in the works.  Then I realized that while I’m very good at starting interesting projects . . .  I don’t seem to be very good at finishing many of them!

So, you could say I have a lot of PHDs – or Projects Half Done!

Once I realized how bad it has gotten (there really are a lot. of. phds!), I had a stern talk with myself.  (Yes, I do talk to myself quite a bit – doesn’t everyone?)  And we (myself and I) agreed that I must try harder to finish something.  Maybe a lot of somethings!  And I got to work.  And lo, it was good!

Nov2-final

You might recognize the legs from one of my (rare) recent posts.  This project was an online class by Deb Wood on A-for-Artistic.  Such a lot of fun to do.

DSC00087

I had some learning experiences, of course.  I love the way her nose has extra color – but it isn’t from painting/blushing it.  It’s from burning!  The oven got a little too warm – it does that sometimes – and the nose and top of head got darker than the rest of her.  Hair and the hat took care of the top of her head.  And I could not have done such a good job if I’d painted the nose!

DSC00044

Here’s the hat waiting to be donned.  Behind it, you can see extra hands.  There were some problems there, as well, but eventually a pair turned out how I wanted.  Anyone need an extra hand?  It’s green, but still useful!

OK.  So that’s one Finished project (FP).  I will be searching through PHDs for something else suitable for finishing.  I think I’ll follow Mary Corbet’s guidelines for deciding.  You can read her thoughts on UFOs on Needle n Thread.

Hopefully, I will be back soon with more FPs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! I might have to start taking part in Halloween activities!