I was able to complete these blocks today. I’m all ready for the next month’s instructions. I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks, but that’s OK. I have plenty of other projects to work on!
When you use the “sew and flip” method of adding that brown corner piece, you end up with a lot of triangles that get trimmed off. So they became these":
I’m sure I’ll be able to use them some time and they are all pressed and ready to go! While I still had the scraps out . . . .
The hexies are one-inch and this will become a pincushion. I do enjoy sewing the hexagons once in awhile.
With that project all done for this month, I had time to start on another fairy tale quilt. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the progress on that! But I did take a picture of the fabrics I’m using in it.
I got about four blocks done so there will be plenty to show next week. This pattern goes really fast, especially when I mis-cut my strips. The pattern is very forgiving, though. I think the blocks will just be a little bigger, and as long as I cut the rest of the strips the same size, it will be fine. . . . she said expansively.