This week seems to be all about quilting. I’ve been working on this small wall hanging and finished up the quilting today.
There’s a story about this quilt – isn’t there always? It is from a Round Robin that my quilt guild did a couple of years ago. Each month, we picked up a different quilt and added to it according to instructions. The instructions were something like – use triangles or make a pieced border.
I decided to use this piece to try out some quilting patterns and generally get some practice. I used lots of different motifs and that meant a lot of starts and stops. It took almost as long to tie off and bury the ends as it did to quilt!
Here is the finished piece. I am calling it “Windowsill Garden.” I made the center block and chose the fabrics. I have no idea why I put that red plaid in there, but everyone dutifully used the provided fabrics! I suppose it’s not too bad – when viewed from a distance! I really do like that first border, though.
And this is the back. I changed the bobbin thread to match top thread and so the back almost looks better than the front! I’m stitching the binding on this evening and then this one will be done. I’m really trying to get some of my quilt tops quilted this year. This is a good start anyway.