Saturday, December 12, 2009

Goals . . . Good or Bad?

Well, it has been an interesting journey anyway!  Before we "analyze" the year, let's go over the past six weeks.

PB300001 1.  Christmas projects.   Done!

Well, almost.  I have mailed out packages (with finished projects inside!) and the Christmas cards are sitting here in front of me.  As far as being ready for Christmas goes I am way ahead of my usual timeline!  Comes from lowered expectations I guess.  LOL!  (BTW, the photo is of an idea that did not make it to completion!)

PB050005

2.  Finish challenge pieces for quilt guild and doll club.   Done!

You have already seen the pictures of these projects.  The folded pillow top for guild was finished in plenty of time.  And the batik doll was a huge success.  I am very pleased with the way this goal came out.

 

uncut 3. Attach binding to finished quilts (3 so far, maybe more).  Best two out of three!

Yes, I still have one more binding to put on.  It is for a keeper quilt, though, so there is no real deadline.  I need to clear the workspace of Christmas projects first anyway.  The two quilts that were bound went to QOV last month.  See pictures here.

quilting

4. Practice free-motion quilting.  Nothing yet.

Actually I am all set to start on this project.  Got my fabric sandwiches, my laptop loaded with videos, and the Quilting Arts e-book printed out.  What else do I need?  Oh yeah.  Time!

 

photoscreen 5. Learn to use some PhotoShop features.  In Progress.

I have been working through the book "Photoshop Elements for Dummies".  I haven't kept track of how many sessions I've had, but I am almost through Chapter 5.  The trouble is that the first part is all about navigating in the program and organizing files.  I can't DO anything yet!  Well I'll keep plugging along.

pinbaste 6.  Christmas projects.  In Progress.

This version of the goal is for the at-home things.  Decorations, baking, and so on.  I have laid out some plans and there are supplies gathered.  Nothing to show at this point, though.  Hey!  I've still got TWO WEEKS!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There you have it, folks.  Not terrific, but not awful either.  In fact, when I look over the past year's worth of goal reviews, I'm seeing just a tiny bit more of "terrific" than of "awful".  Enough so that I think we can call it a successful year.  I did get a lot accomplished and I hope you enjoyed watching it come together.  For the statistically inclined:  Out of 47 goals, 22 were completed (eventually!) and two are still in progress (OK, four counting this month).  Only four goals dropped off the radar completely.  Woohoo!

I am now thinking about how to approach next year.  Things will be a bit different.  Firstly because I can never do the same thing twice in a row!!  But mainly because of a shift in my long-term plans.  I need to give it some more thought and then I'll let you know what is coming up in 2010.

1 comment:

Sparklyjools said...

Well, I think that's pretty good going! Hope I can do even a quarter of what you've achieved next year.