Monday, March 29, 2010

In the Bag

Last week I took a class in using Electric Quilt.  Yes!  I finally took the plunge!  I am still playing with it a lot, so no results to share yet.  But, oh my, the possibilities are amazing.  Actually, the possibilities are that I will become lost in the computer world.  LOL!

But, this post isn't about EQ (yet).  This is about the carry bag I made for my laptop!  If I'm taking it to classes, I need to carry it safely and all together.

P3220001

I looked all over for a ready-made or a pattern.  But, of course, nothing was just exactly what I had in mind.  Sounds like a perfect excuse for a new project!  Yeah.  Like I need another one!

P3220002

I wanted to have pockets for the adapter and my mouse, and maybe for the thumb drive.  And I wanted zippers!

P3220003

P3220007

When I open it all up, I have a surface to work on, and I don't have to stash the bag anywhere.  The bottom section is lined with a thermal fleece - like you put in potholders - plus a solid piece of plastic foam in case I don't have a table top to set it on. 

It worked great!  Well, almost.  Of course, there are some issues to be worked out if I ever do another one of these.  But that's not too likely!  I may need to strengthen the strap.  It seems a little thin - and this is one bag I definitely do NOT want to drop!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

That's a very clever design!