Sunday, May 15, 2011

Christmas in – er – May?

Let’s see.  If I can finish this Christmas piece before winter, will that make up for all the past Christmas projects that didn’t get done in time?  Oh.  I didn’t think so.

block4

Well, this is what I worked on this week.  There are some hand embroidery details, but I have decided to wait until all the blocks are done.  I estimate I have about 2/3 of this project done.

row1-stitched

Here is the first vertical row stitched together.   It’s kind of long, so the photo is distorted at the bottom.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get better pictures when it’s finished.

I’m really enjoying this project.  It’s full of fun fabrics, and all the favorite symbols of the season.  And there is enough variety in the blocks to keep my interest:  traditional pieced blocks, paper piecing, and appliqué.  What’s not to like?

No comments: