Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday WOW – June 20

Happy First Day of Summer – to everyone in the northern hemisphere, anyway.  Since it’s summer and I am in Kansas, we are watching the storms headed this direction!  Ah well.

In the meantime, I was making flowers:

P6200006Violets, specifically. 

P6170002Earlier in the week, I stitched a gazillion little petals onto water soluble film.  Today, after dissolving the film, I started hand-stitching each one to florist’s wire and bundling them into flowers.

P6200005The plan is to have this lady holding a whole bouquet of them.  If they don’t drive me crazy in the process, that is!  It took all afternoon to make three flowers and long before the end of the day I was wondering what possessed me to hand stitch the wires??!!

Looks like it’s going to be a loooong week!

No comments: