Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Ponderings

Since finishing up the techniques in Fabric Embellishing, I’ve given a lot of thought to “the next step.”  Where do I go from here?  Or, more accurately, what do I do now??

First of all, the idea of titling each Sunday post with a different  ‘S’ word has outlived it’s usefulness.  I had some fun, but there are only so many words that can be used.  So I think future posts will be called Serendipity Sunday, and will work like ‘Design Wall Monday’ or ‘Wordless Wednesday’ that many bloggers are doing.

This is only part of the library, folks!

Once that detail was taken care of, I did a quick review of my crafting library.  Well, maybe “quick” isn’t the right word, but it was not too lengthy.  I contemplated books on beadwork, embroidery, painting fabric, clay, handmade books, – this could go on for a very long time!!!

So, by using a very scientific method I chose to explore folding and manipulating fabric.  (Scientific = it sounded good at the time!)  Next step – gather books, magazines, and articles.  Um, let’s just say “lots.”

A whole lotta folding here!

It occurred to me that it could take quite awhile to go through each and every option in all these resources.  Let’s see . . . seven times . . . carry the . . . divide by . . . . holy moly!  This could take years!

So this is how I’m going to do this:

P6210001

I’ll start with this book (it’s the latest acquisition and I’m charged up about it.  What?  You expected a logical reason?)  I will progress through this book as my interests take me.  Some weeks I may do several in one day, or I might skip a technique or two.  When I’m finished with this book, I’ll move on to another.  In no particular order.  I might even jump back and forth between two or more resources. 

In other words, I’m going to try really hard to NOT be anal about the whole thing!

I’ll start next Sunday, July 29.  Don’t forget to stop by and see what I’ve been up to!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

LOL Liz, you remind me of my friend Sharon - she also talks about being 'anal' over her craft stash! And she has a library about that size. I thought I had a lot, but I don't have as much as you two, and I'm grateful for that! I like your idea of picking out a book and working your way through it. When I find a pattern in a book or magazine that I want to do one day, I put a sticky note on the page, and enter the details in my journal of 'things I want to do'. I don't seem to find the time to do any of them, but it's a nice feeling to look through the journal and be reminded of all those delicious projects just waiting for my next life time - ha!