I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this topic quite as much as I did. Not only does the geometry of it appeal to my left-brain side, but some of the results are pretty spectacular and definitely appeal to my right-brain side!
I started out with some straight-forward tucks. I carefully measured and marked, but in spite of that I managed to make these a bit wonky! It still looks good, though, so I’m not going to stress over it.
That was pretty tedious, though, what with stitching each tuck multiple times. I have some other ideas for adding color to try in the future. By the way, I don’t know why these two photos look a different color. It’s the same fabric!
because after I cut and re-stitched, this is the result. I do think it’s pretty cool, if I say so myself! I did the stitching in the center of each segment after assembly, so the center is not so neat or pretty. I will probably put a button or yo-yo there.
Oh boy! Can’t wait to see what next week brings!