Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thirty-seven Days and Hexie Love

image

Thirty-seven days - that’s how long I resisted buying fabric!  Kind of sad, isn’t it?  Oh, I have lots of excuses and, in fact, rationale for why this particular purchase shouldn’t count.  You see, the fabric for this year’s Hoffman Challenge is in one of the shops I visit.  I knew I would have to get some eventually, but I usually have to order it and wait for it to arrive in the mail.  But, here it was in person!  Plus, I’m weak!

I’ve been working on an idea for the Challenge, but it will need to simmer for a bit to fine tune the details.

In the meantime . . . .

I have been using some more of my stash.  Not as much as I’ve purchased, but it has the potential!

P2080006

You see, I love hexies!  I can’t seem to help it.  So when I saw the Soupcon Hexagon Quilt Along at Faeries and Fibres, I had to join in.  After all, it started with hexies AND embroidery.  What more could you ask for?

P2220002So here it is after Step four – a center block and three borders.  I’m loving it so far!

P2270004 I love so much, in fact, that I had to start another one!  I came across this border fabric (in my stash, of course) and I knew it would look great!  Actually, it looks pretty good from the back, too.

P2270005

I may  need to make another one to capture that circle in the center.  But, I digress . . .

P2270006

This is the fabric, and I’m thinking it will have to be one of the borders, too.

But first, I will be settling in for a little hand embroidery. 

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I thought I'd left a comment here, but apparently it got lost (or I fell asleep). I love that fabric! Not to mention what you've done with it!