Monday, November 17, 2008

Works in Progress . . .

I know.  It's been awfully quiet here on this blog, hasn't it?  Things have been happening, though.  If you walk past the basement door, you can hear sewing machines and humming. 

So, I thought I'd share some snippets.  Things I am working on - but not quite finished.  Pretty soon - depending on how much crafting time I get in the next week or so.  This should give you a taste:

PB080005 Here is one border of a quilt top I have almost finished.  It's a big block quilt, so the borders were really the most work.  Hope to get the "sandwich" together soon so I can start quilting.  Lap quilt size.

PB170020 My current doll.  I have the January program for doll club and I want to have a sample for this month's meeting.  She will make it in time, but I don't have a name for her yet.  I've been calling her "the January doll."  Really creative, huh?

PB170021 These are two projects I started today - and several years ago!  Confused?  Well . . . once upon a time in a land far away (it really was, you know) I used to do a lot of cross-stitch and crewel embroidery.  Those were the days PB170022when my eyes were good enough to see small stitches and the focus was fast enough to look back and forth between stitching and the television.  Ah!  The days of our youth!

Ahem!  Well those days may be gone, but I have quite a few pieces of stitchery that was never framed - or framed and then un-framed.  I have a couple of techniques I want to try and thought these little stitcheries would make a nice focal point.  So I have been adding strips of fabric to the edges and after a little quilting and maybe some handwork, they will be ready for these projects.

The rest of this week is pretty busy, but I should be able to make some progress here and there.  Thanks for stopping by and come again for more pretties.

3 comments:

Annie said...

You have so many fun projects going at once. Looking forward to seeing more of that pretty doll. The x-stitch and embroidery will make really nice centerpieces for your quilting too.

I know what you mean about the focus switching. But I'm soldiering through for as long as I can!

Kay said...

I think I did that very same Grape Ivy embroidery! That WAS a long time ago. I'm wondering what happened to it...

Orice said...

The face on "January" is so very sweet. I love her!