Sunday, January 23, 2011

One More Thimbleberries

All year long I've been sharing progress on the Thimbleberries BOM.  I finished it a couple of weeks ago, and showed you a picture here.

P1210003

There's this one block that is not in the quilt, though.  The heart was a bonus pattern one month.  If you make the queen size version, there is another border of blocks which includes the heart motif.

I'm not making the queen size version.  Yeah, I know.  I wimped out.  It's all about preserving sanity, ya know?

finishedback

Anyway.  I decided to add a row of hearts to the back of my quilt.  I plan for this quilt to be used as a lap warmer and as such, both sides will be viewed.  I have to say that I really like how those hearts came out!  And . . . I used up some of those gazillion scraps!

I'm sort of leaning toward quilting this myself.  That will take some thinking about.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

I love those hearts! They add a great finish to the back of the quilt. I wouldn't have done the Queen size version either...my arms just won't reach across that big a quilt!

Orice said...

I love the line of hearts along the side. Nice pattern and great colors. In time for Valentines too!