Monday, January 3, 2011

That Was No Lady . . .

. . . she's a troll!  This is Oakra, from a pattern by Ute Vasina

oakra04

I made Oakra way back when I was just learning to make cloth dolls.  I learned a lot of things while making her and I've learned a lot of things since then.  But I still think she is a favorite.

Normally, Oakra stands sweetly on a shelf in my studio.

oakra-good

Recently, we had some plumbing issues and Sarge and various workmen were in and out of the basement.  Oakra's shelf is right next to the sewer pipes.  I believe that might explain what I saw after the work was all finished. . .

oakra-bad

Oh my!  Doesn't she look like it was a really hard day at the office?  My guess is that she got knocked off her shelf (those pipes I mentioned are the fuscia stripe you see in this picture) and a male someone put her back up.  It takes some finesse to get her to stand properly - something in short supply about then I'm thinking!

Well, it made me laugh!

3 comments:

Orice said...

Poor Okra! She looks like she might have even had to help the plumbers out a bit. LOL. Hope she recovers!

Annie said...

Those New Year's parties can be brutal as Oakra can testify!

UteV said...

What a great story! I love it and I love that she is your favorite. ;-) Makes me smile!