Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Do Make Dolls Sometimes!

It says so in my description over there!  It just seems like an awfully long time since I've had a doll on my worktable.  I will have to think about changing that!

For starters, I went to a class last month.  Leta Benedict was in the area and contacted our doll club to see if we would be interested in a class.  Boy, were we!  It was a bit of a scramble to find a location and get everything together, but we can be a determined bunch!

So, meet Bastet:

samplebastet

 

This is Leta's sample doll.  We learned some pretty neat tricks from Leta about making faces and assembling the doll's pieces.  We always have fun when the group gets together - and Leta fit right in with us!

 

 

bastet

Here is my Bastet doll.  I chose to make her in browns and blues.  All of the fabric and most of the ribbon was from my stash.  How's that for stash busting?

 P3190012

Here is a picture of one of the other students' doll.  Joanne had some wonderful feathers and they do look great.  As of our club meeting this was the only other completed Bastet.  I can't wait to see how the others turned out!

1 comment:

TheBlakkDuchess said...

These are wonderful! I love the soft looking hair on your Bastet. ^-^