Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday WOW–June 26

I am still paper piecing.  In fact, it looks like I’ll be doing that for some time to come . . . or not.

P6260001

The project I had in mind is to make twelve of these blocks.  But this first one has taken two full days to complete . . . or two weeks, since I have only worked on it once a week.

P6260002

At that rate, it will take me until late September to do eleven more blocks!  And then, the blocks will need to be set – probably with sashing – and borders added, etc.  Add on the time to get it quilted and maybe it could be done by Christmas.  That’s if I don’t have interruptions or distractions.  Do I want to spend the rest of the year on this one project?

P6260003

This is Cinderella.  I got the pattern from Michelle Thompson who has designed sixteen Disney Princess patterns, among other television and movie characters.  (If you have Harry Potter or Sesame Street fans to sew for, check out her collection!)

So the question I have now is, do I carry on with the princesses and let it take however long it takes . . . or do I make Cinderella into a smaller wall hanging and call it good?

What do you think?

1 comment:

Orice said...

Sure looks like Cinderella to me. I love it! Beautifully done, Maggie!