Sunday, December 22, 2013

It’s the Weekend Before Christmas

 

image

 

. . . and there is always a lot to be done.  There’s decorating and wrapping, baking and cleaning, cards and carols.  Seems like there’s never enough time to do it all.

 

 

 

 

image

 

Or – if you are not inclined to fuss over Christmas (or you are one of the few who have everything all ready done . . .the rest of us hate you!), there are always plenty of unfinished projects and chores. 

 

So, what did I do this weekend?

None of the above!!!

PC220013

I made a table runner!  It’s not what I planned to do this weekend, but there it is – pieced, quilted, and bound!  And on the table.  This is notable because (1) I never use tablecloths or runners, and (2) I NEVER complete a project of any size in one time slice!

PC220014

You see, there were these extra papers from the block-of-the-month kit.  The next thing I knew I was pulling fabrics and cutting and stitching.  It was like someone else was directing my actions – saying, “Don’t think, just do.” 

PC220015

I must admit, it looks pretty good on the table.  And on the positive side – there’s three fabrics removed from the stash!

1 comment:

Grangry said...

Liz, it's great! And best of all, you can put hot plates on it. I'm halfway through making one of those....