Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year–New Finish

Starting out 2014 right, I spent the afternoon finishing up the third Botanical garden piece.

PC290022a

For the Autumn version, I placed a “harvest” moon in the sky.  I also quilted the background with random leaves.  They don’t show very well in this photo.

PC290021

There.  You can see one of them here.  You can also see my marking lines before I removed them.  I loooove my Frixion pen!  Just apply heat and poof! . . . no markings!

PC310001a

But, back to Autumn.  Here I have appliqued all the leaves and added the border and it’s waiting for the flowers.  There was a lot of handwork to be done at this point. 

P1010003a

In fact, it took all day to get the handwork done.  It doesn’t show that well in this photo, but I did some simple embroidery stitches in some of the leaves and stems to liven things up.  I like the way it looks (in person at least) and will have to go back to do some on Spring and Summer.

PC070001a

Speaking of Summer – I don’t think I ever showed you the finished Summer piece (above).PA260006a

And, just to refresh your memory, here is Spring.  Yes, I do think I’ll be adding a little embroidery to these.  But first – Winter!  I have some ideas on preparing the background for winter, so it shouldn’t take me long to do that one.  I’m on a roll – best to keep going while there’s still some steam up!

2 comments:

Orice said...

What a glorious creation you have once again wrought, my friend. Lovely! Thanks for the card and I wish you a year filled with ever more satisfying and beautiful creations.

Anonymous said...

They are looking wonderful!