Monday, June 9, 2014

TaDa!

A small fanfare because I’ve actually finished a project within a month of taking the class!  The usual practice is not only do I not finish the project right away, I usually don’t quite finish the class!  But, this proves I CAN do it! 

P6070005

This is Cinderellie – sort of.  Our teacher proposed what would have happened to Cinderella if the glass slipper didn’t fit after all.  We had a lot of fun imagining scenarios, but in the end, I went for the conventional version.  She kept fighting with me whenever I tried something new, so I let her have her way.  LOL!

P6070007

P6070014

I had a lot of fun making up a little group of mice for her.  I can imagine her surrounded by mice, but there’s no need to get carried away!

P6080001

I learned soooo much in this class and had such fun.  I need to keep practicing, though.  I’m at the stage where I have to follow along with what the clay does.  Where I want to be is where I control what the clay does.  Biiiiiig difference!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Such a fun project! She's perfect.

I actually have two felt mice ornaments, Gus and Jack, that I got from old Mickey D's Happy Meals. Cinderella was the first movie I ever saw!

Gina E. said...

Your Cinderella is gorgeous, and her mice are so cute!