Friday, September 12, 2014

What Have I Been Up To?

I’ve been a bit quiet here this week (OK, not just this week – but let’s not get involved in details).  I am taking another hands-on workshop, making a polymer clay figure.

P9110001

This morning, we baked heads.  And by this evening, arms and torso are ready to go into the oven. . . I hope. 

P9110020

She has some issues with her hands, but letting it sit overnight could settle that down a bit.  Polymer clay has less body as it gets warm and the weight of her hands causes the wrist to sag – in places where it should not be able to sag!  In the morning, the clay should be firmer and a bit easier to control.  I can see in this photo that she needs a little more “meat” on that outstretched arm.

P9110021

I am soooo happy with that face!  By George, I think I’ve got it!  Tomorrow we start playing with fabric.  Oh boy!

1 comment:

Orice said...

You continue to churn out one project after the other, dear Liz. I admire that. My own creativity has centered around the completion of my manuscript, and after four long year, I just sent off my first request for publication. We'll see how that goes. Missing you, Orice