Sunday, September 7, 2008

Christmas in - er - September

Or . . . You Knew I'd Do It!

Yes. I'm sure no one was fooled by my hesitation in my recent post about looking at the new Berninas. Of course I decided to get it!

auroraAnd, of course I had to get the Stitch Regulator. Actually, that was the piece I had to have. So, anyone want to take a guess on what I've been doing the last day or so? Ah, come on! It should be easy! Here's a hint:

P9070014Well, it is so much fun to work with! A little scary sometimes, but I will get used to it. I need a lot more practice to move the fabric at an even rate. That needle is really wicked when you move suddenly!

And this week there was another exciting addition to my workshop. I received my prize from Hoffman California Fabrics! Oh my! I will have to try even harder so I can get another prize next year. LOL! This is wonderful!

P9020003A whole range of Bali Batik fat quarters! These are just so scrumptious!!!! What will I do with them? Oh dear, I just want to look at them for now. And fondle them - and drool all over them! Er . . . ahem. Might have gotten a little carried away there. But, people, the photo doesn't do justice to these colors. I'm sure I will find something to do with these, but not yet.

And one more thing. Not quite as exciting, but I got a little stirred up anyway. What can I say, I live in a very small town. One must get their thrills where one can.

new files

New filing cabinets! Yeah. Big deal. I know. But the old cabinet was a horizontal file and didn't hold as many files as I needed it to. Plus the drawers did not come all the way out, so there was always some jockeying to get to the stuff at the back. Then the drawers starting jumping the tracks. First one, then the other, until one day I couldn't wiggle it back on. Great! Bottom drawer was stuck at half way! Very convenient, that. Numerous attempts to repair or modify were unsuccessful, so today we took the truck to town. (And spent money again - I have got to stop doing that!) I got busy organizing files and putting them away - in alphabetical order yet! Oh, I feel SO organized!

Pretty cool week, all told. Almost like Christmas, huh? I feel so ready to create now.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, Liz! All of those goodies at once! I'm still using the Singer Touch and Sew that I got as a college graduation present a hundred years ago. My local fabric store also sells Bernina and I walk by with envy every time I go in to shop.

And those fabrics are luscious! I'm sure you'll figure out a way to use them with the new machine.

Have fun!

Kay said...

Congratulations on all your new treasures! I've got a new machine too, but haven't been able to put it through its paces yet. Free motion comes next.

What did you think of the new Hoffman Challenge fabric?

Orice said...

Oh goody! New machine means more sewing projects. New file drawers .. . . more room for more stuff! Right? Enjoy!