Monday, September 1, 2008

UFOs Uncovered

That's the name of a group I've joined on Stitchin' Fingers.  I would guess that every sewer, crafter, stitcher, whatever has some projects that just get stalled.  For a variety of reasons, progress will halt and it gets pushed to the back of the closet.

Yes, I know there are people out there who actually finish everything they start.  Not in my family, though!  And certainly not ME!  I can never really forget the UFOs, either.  We have moved quite often and every time, those Projects in Boxes (PIBs) get packed up again and transported to the new house.  Usually to be pushed to the back of the closet again!

Well, one of this year's goals was to start using books and tools that have accumulated over the years and you could say the underlying push is to clean up the studio.  That would include all those UFOs.

The SF group has decided to start today by "declaring" the UFO that is to be finished this month.  We are to post pictures of our progress (or not) so here is my starting point:

UFO-laluna startI have had these little Piggies cut out for too many years.  I have no idea how long, but the fabric is scraps from some projects in the 1980's.  Um, 20 years? 

P7150029Some of you are probably thinking "why pigs?"  One of my personal quirks is that I adore pigs!  Their rubbery noses and funny snorting noises really delight me.  This may also explain my love for my little pug dog, Jake.  

I have collected all manner of pig-ish figures and decorations for years.  Can you imagine how odd it feels to have a co-worker come in and say "I saw the funniest pig this weekend and I thought of you, Liz!"  Uh, thanks - I think!

Well, I think it is time these little stuffed pigs join the collection, don't you?  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Orice said...

I'll be waiting for some cute little pigs to eventually show up. Glady you got the blog fixed so we can comment again.