Monday, September 22, 2008

Double Double, Toil and Trouble

witchiesMy doll club met this weekend and our project was to make these little witches.  They are not quite completed at this point, but enough to see that they have individual characters.  In fact, one of them is hiding on the far right because she "doesn't have makeup on yet." 

P9200036 

A couple of close-ups.  They do like they could stir up some trouble, don't they?

P9200038

I'll show you something that is very special about these witches.

assembly

They are made from plastic water bottles!  A piece of the neck was cut out and we glued paperclay faces to a piece of cardboard which fits in the cut out area.  The hands are also paperclay and have wire going across the back of the shoulders.  Slip a fabric tube or three on, add a cape and hat - and there you are!  We had brooms and pumpkins and other embellishments to add.  Guess we will be ready for Halloween early!

I'll show a close-up of my witchie poo when she has all her embellishments.  Still working on my lap quilt, but it is just about ready for a binding, so stay tuned for more pictures coming up.

5 comments:

Annie said...

These are incredible! What a fabulous idea. I'm getting scared just looking at them. I'll have to investigate 'paper clay'. Not familiar with that, but it looks perfect on those witches.

Kay said...

These are wonderful. Do you make your own faces, or are these available ready made? I admire dolls, and have often thought of making them, but I think I lack a lot of the skills.

Nathalie G. said...

I first thought these were real people grimmed for a party !
Nicely done.

Orice said...

What a cool idea to make them out of bottles. It's been awhile since I've done that. Pretty wicked looking gals too!

Mermaid's Purse said...

These all have so much character - they are delightful!