Friday, October 3, 2008

Buster Brown


. . . is what I am calling my newly finished lap quilt. It is a Crazy Nine-Patch pattern from the "Stash Busters" book. It is also one of the reasons I have been a no-show in the blog world lately. Finishing up a quilt is a long process - and I was determined to get this thing done, by golly!


The backing is pieced from leftover fabric used in the top. Then straight line quilting following the 9-patch pieces on the quilt top with a simple wave like quilting on the border. An interesting experience, but not one I'm anxious to repeat right away!







So, almost all of my other projects have been on hold while I worked on this thing! I did have a postcard swap and a small doll swap, which I will have to get pictures taken, edited, and loaded for a post soon. I have also made some small progress on my Take It Further pieces. So, no need to worry that I might not have enough to do. HaHaHaHaHa! I might work through all my projects and stash some day - if I live to be 150!







That's enough hilarity for one day. Hopefully my schedule will return to something like normal now and the projects will be more manageable. We
have a new, faster computer now, so posting should be a breeze. No more excuses!

[I haven't loaded Live Writer on the new PC yet so am back to using Blogger's default editor. The image handling is lousy! Are you reading this, Blogger?]


3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a really nice quilt!

Quilter In Paradise said...

Great Quilt!! Looks just perfect for cool autumn evenings...
Beth
( I'm going to have to find that book --- I've got a lot of Stash to Bust! )

Sunny said...

Oh, I love the colors of this quilt. The name is perfect!