Friday, October 31, 2008

Celebrate!

celebratebanner Yipee!  Wahoo!  Yoweee!  Other words to that effect!noisemaker

Today is the first anniversary of my blog.  This is also my 100th post!  Isn't this the most exciting thing that has ever happened?  Well, if it is - you need to get a life!  Sorry, but while this may be a big day for me - the rest of the world probably hasn't given it much thought.  One blog among millions.  BUT - I have readers!  More than two, in fact!  How cool is that?

So, we ought to pause - briefly - and reflect on what it means to have a blog that has survived a whole year.   One thing that it says is that I'm pretty stubborn!  I think I have things to say and pictures to share - and by golly, someone is going to see them!partycat

But it says even more.  I have actually found enjoyment in showing  off my work and throwing some random words out into the world to see what happens.  It really is an adventure.  And guess what?  Somebody answers!!

Oh my!  People are coming to see what I've done - and coming back for more.  That feels very nice.  I am making virtual friends and expanding my creativity.  You, dear readers, have been most supportive and have helped me step into the unknown.  I try to return the favor by following up on comments - or visiting your blogs and commenting.  It doesn't always work out even (I personally think I am getting the better part of the deal!) but I plan to continue working on that. 

celebratenowSo here we are!   The day I've been looking forward to!  It's been quite a week - coming up with something to post about daily.  And reading all your wonderful comments!  A special thanks to Paula and Judy, who knew I could do it and egged me on!

This is the Last Chance to sign up for the giveaway!  Just for my wonderful readers.  I will close the polls - so to speak - this evening - and tomorrow I will draw the lucky winner.  Stay tuned to this channel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, does that make me a cheer leader?
Congratulations and well done!

Anonymous said...

hooray - happy anniversary

Orice said...

Hi Liz,
I'm here to thank you for the surprise postcard you sent me in the mail. Thank you, my friend. It's lovely and very intriguing! Also congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. I'm thrilled that your creativity and crafty community continue to expand. Yay!