Monday, October 20, 2008

This Little Piggie . . .

. . . is a Finished UFO!! (UFO=UnFinished Object)

PA190029Along with his somewhat larger pal . . .

 PA130004

These porcine buddies are from a McCall's pattern that I cut outMcCalls many, many years ago.   Exactly how long is lost in the mists of time (or my mind!).  I would have guessed late 70's or early 80's, but the pattern is copyright 1992.  My goodness time flies!

One of the groups I have joined on Stitchin' Fingers is called "UFOs Uncovered".  We try to encourage each other to dig through that pile of long ago projects and pull out our enthusiasm and get that aardvaark* completed!!

*An aardvaark is a term I picked up from a former co-worker, meaning any project or equipment that has been giving you fits and resisting your efforts to fix, finish, or install.   Better than the words some of the other co-workers use!

PA190028

PA190032 

 

 

 

 

I did not manage to get these done for the first month, but looking good for the second go 'round.  This pair is now ready to join my Piggie collection and I am ready to pull out another forgotten project.  This is almost like a Treasure Hunt - except for the fact that there was usually a reason why I didn't finish the piece in the first place - and I'm sure to discover what it was shortly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love them, though they are the weirdest pigs I have seen. I like the fabrics, much better than the original pink.
Judy B

Vicki W said...

Adorable!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh what a wonderful post!
i love the piggies and that you finished a past project. how fun!
:) melissa

Annie said...

Those are just the cutest, Liz. Some things never go out of style!

Kay said...

Very cute!