Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parchment Paper, Where Art Thou?

I have a nice bundle of parchment paper.  And I use it - I really do!  Except . . . er, when I don't, that is.

PA270001 This, dear friends, is what my ironing board looks like these days.  Why?  Because I fused two pieces of paper together.  Just a quick job with the iron.  It won't take a minute.  Parchment paper?  Oh!  You mean that stuff that protects the iron and the board from fugitive dyes?  Yeah, that's the stuff!  The stuff I didn't use!

Good things come from all mistakes if we look for them.

(1) I have more of that paper and it will make a cool print on plain fabric.

(2) A couple passes with the iron set the inks so it does NOT come off onto Sarge's shirts!  Phew!

Wow!  This is post number 99.  So, I will take a day off so that post number 100 will be on Friday October 31, one year's worth of blogging.  I've done it!  Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know - this is exactly the type of thing i do.

Jane said...

Some people pay big money for ironing board covers like that... had to laugh when you spoke of the shirts tho.

Anonymous said...

Looks very practical to me!