Saturday, July 11, 2009

Coming Up For Air . . .

Well, I finished the Hoffman entry yesterday and today I cleaned my worktable.  Whew!  So glad that's over!! 

This week I have Quilt Guild and Doll Club - and I have the program for both of them!  How did I manage that?  Note to self:  check the calendar before you agree that July will be fine!  So I will be pretty busy for the next few days, but should be able to show you some fun stuff after that.

But I won't leave you hanging without something to look at!

I'm sure you recognize what this is.  Trimmings from squaring up blocks for a quilt.  So, what do you do with this?

P6120006

No!  Don't throw it away!  Make this . . .

P6140033

Trimmings sandwiched between 2 layers of BadgeMaster and stitched with metallic threads.  It's laying on a white towel, so all the white areas are voids.  This will become an insert in something one of these days.  Not sure what - or when!

3 comments:

Karol said...

How neat!!

Doreen G said...

Liz if you drop by my blog you can see what I have done with strips like this.

Sparklyjools said...

Great, and fits in with my love of recycling perfectly!