Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Sunday Special

The next technique in the book (Fabric Embellishing) is Traditional Crazy Quilting.  Oh Goody!  I’ve been wanting to dabble in CQ, but I’ve hesitated because I really don’t need to become obsessed with anything else.  I have plenty of obsessions already, thanks anyway!

But, here is the perfect opportunity to play – and pretend I won’t get hooked on just one block!  Today, I pieced the basic block:

P6260001

I decided I need to clean out some of my green scraps.  Of course, this did not make much of a dent!  I’m not sure a whole quilt would make much of a dent.  LOL!

P6260004

I pulled out some possible trims to use and I will (hopefully) spend time this week embellishing the seams.  I discovered that, although I have a huge stash of laces and trims, most of them are too large for this type of embellishment.  Dear me!  Could it be that I need to shop for smaller trims?!?

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

You WILL get hooked on CQ...believe me. I know! Love your first attempt, look forward to seeing the finished block.