Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take It Further - a December finish

Or, should that say - a finished December? 'Cause that's what I have finally.

Sharon's TIF challenge for December was to ask what is the idea of generosity to you.

When I thought about what Generosity is, I concluded that it is a form of Love. One must have love for others, and themselves, in order to be truly generous. But, love is not any easier to represent graphically than generosity. Then I came across this quote:

"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give."

-- George MacDonald

That quote says almost exactly how I feel about love and generosity. So, an angel was just what I wanted. Now, I talked a bit about angels in my last post. There are quite a few of them around these days. I hope it's a good sign!

P1120019

After fussing over the wing problem a bit, I have decided that she is finished. From a distance, her wings are still fading out, but I plan to make all the TIF works into a fiber book which means she will be viewed close up. And I think her wings are just fine that way!

P1120016 I have at least one month's TIF project that did not get finished. I put it aside for later work and did another, quick piece for that month (can't remember which one now, tho!). I will plan to finish that one before binding all the pages together. But, here is a picture of the fourteen (14) pages I did in 2008.

P1120020That is pretty impressive laid out all together like this!

I want to state that this was a very interesting and enjoyable project. Sharon did a great job of choosing challenging topics. I had to do a lot of thinking and - sometimes - soul searching to decide what each of the topics mean to me. This is something that I have not done in a long time. Evaluating how you feel about something is only half way, though. Deciding how to interpret that feeling or thought into a fiber art work adds a whole dimension of difficulty, frustration, and satisfaction. Many thanks to Sharon - and to fellow bloggers and TIF-ers who shared their work and their reactions to my work.

What an amazing year it's been!

1 comment:

Orice said...

Quite an accomplishment, Liz. Love the soft shades you used, as well as the bunched-up affect of the angel's dress. Sweetness personified. Definitely a caption of Generosity.