Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Flowers in EQ6

In my last post, I showed you a quilt using an irregular layout, some pieced blocks, and some flower applique blocks.  The colors were pretty ho-hum, though.

By waving the "magic wand", I looked at a LOT of color options . . . changes in hue, intensity, tint, etc.  Here are just some that caught my eye (keeping in mind that my eye tends to be a bit - er - strange!):

flowers02

flowers03

flowers04

Wouldn't this be pretty in a Princess bedroom?

flowers05

. . . or perhaps you prefer Goth.

flowers06

flowers09

Oh!  We lost a color in the background!  In fact, I found myself with an all-white quilt by the time I finished!

flowers-last

Did you notice how the appliques all changed colors, too?  With this last one, I asked the program to map colors to the fabrics in my worktable.  I kind of like this one myself.  Although the fabrics are more pastel than what I usually work with, the flower colors are unusual (blue leaves?  I guess so!) and have just enough brightness to satisfy my color craving.

Alas, I am not skilled in applique, and I suspect that long off-grain seam would completely defeat me!  This one will probably remain virtual!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Well! It looks like you're having a lot of fun there on your computer, but not getting much sewing done - hee hee! I found myself blinking continually as those bright colours jumped off my screen into my face!