Sunday, May 2, 2010

Do You EQ?

Earlier this week, Judy at Virtual Quilter issued a challenge to anyone who has Electric Quilt to . . .

"...use Electric Quilt to design some quilts, and use them on your blog if you have one, to fill in those days when you don’t have anything to blog about."

In a moment of weakness, I (publicly!) accepted her challenge.  What was I thinking - right?  Let me tell you then.  I finally got EQ6 not long ago (told Sarge it was what he was getting me for my birthday.  Teehee!)  I've had some fun piddling around in it, but have not settled down to seriously design quilts that could actually be made some day.  Or shown to anyone else, for that matter! 

Time to change that!   EQ7 is coming out next month and I just know I am going to need the upgrade!  Maybe I should start acting like I know what I'm doing, huh?

lighthouses

This is one that I did just as a play-time piece.  In fact, the file is named "Playing."  LOL!  I love houses and there are really a lot of them in the EQ6 library.  This quilt, however, has so much wrong going on!

redhouse-flower

So I settled on the classic "schoolhouse" block and started to see what we could do - my EQ and I.  This doesn't excite me much.

redhouse-alternate

This is a bit more interesting, but those alternate blocks don't do anything for the overall design.  Let's try something else.

housenhearts

Hearts are better, but kind of predictable, don't you think?

house-ninestar

Stars make sense.  Pretty busy, though.  Let's try a different star.

redstars

Oooh.  Now, I might even make something like this!   I didn't stop there, though.  I did some color play as well.  I'll save that for the next post, though.  Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? Welcome to the world of virtual quilting!

It is great to know you have EQ out of the box! I can't wait to see what you have done with the colours!

Judy B