There was still one type of Kanzashi flower that I did not try last week, so I started with it today.
It’s a pleated petal, but without a pointed tip. It was actually a bit harder to fold than the other two.
So, of course, that means I like this version the best! I think it presents a nice crisp petal, but with enough softness – at least on this side – to look more natural.
I’m feeling more comfortable with the basic folds, however. So I tried another pointed petal.
And I raided the button box for embellishing the centers.
Also tried another sample of the rounded petals. I have really struggled with this fold. The corners that fold to the center just don’t stay put for me. In this instance I resorted to gluing beads to keep the corners in place. There has to be something I’m missing. I will just have to keep trying. Practice, practice, practice!
I’ve been gradually reducing the size of my flowers, too. Started with 3.5 inches, then 3 inches, then 2.5 inches. The book has a project using 1 inch squares. It may take me awhile to work down to that!
Now I just need to figure out what to do with all these flowers!