Sunday, November 11, 2012

Serendipity Sunday–More Flowers

There was still one type of Kanzashi flower that I did not try last week, so I started with it today.

PB110001

It’s a pleated petal, but without a pointed tip.  It was actually a bit harder to fold than the other two.

PB110002

So, of course, that means I like this version the best!  I think it presents a nice crisp petal, but with enough softness – at least on this side – to look more natural.

I’m feeling more comfortable with the basic folds, however.  So I tried another pointed petal.

PB110003

And I raided the button box for embellishing the centers. 

PB110004

Also tried another sample of the rounded petals.  I have really struggled with this fold.  The corners that fold to the center just don’t stay put for me.  In this instance I resorted to gluing beads to keep the corners in place.  There has to be something I’m missing.  I will just have to keep trying.  Practice, practice, practice!

PB110005

I’ve been gradually reducing the size of my flowers, too.  Started with 3.5 inches, then 3 inches, then 2.5 inches.  The book has a project using 1 inch squares.  It may take me awhile to work down to that!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with all these flowers!

No comments: