Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Stitching

Last week I painted, this week I stitched!  The technique for this week was to stitch a frame for needlework.  I decided to use one of the pieces I stamped last week.

P7310003

After the first layer of paint had dried, I stamped the yellow pears onto the background.  Today, I fused a couple of larger pear shapes to the piece.

P7310004

I did some free motion stitching, to “sketch” lines to emphasize the shapes.  Then I stitched this octagonal frame.  Here’s a close-up:

P7310005

Although I like the nice, crisp edge on this frame, it seems a bit too plain.

P7310009

Ah, yes . . . that’s better.  I may want to add something underneath the pears, but I’m happy with this for now.

I have the other stamped piece for a future project, and I did play around a bit with other paints.  One I thought I’d share is Tulip Puff paint.

P7310008

It goes on using the tube applicator, and then you apply heat/steam after it dries.  It really does puff up!  Kind of interesting.  Now, what can I use that on, I wonder?

No comments: