Friday, April 6, 2012

About That Appliqué

I managed to get both appliqué pieces done to the stage of layering with back and batting.  They will need quilting, of course, but they are small so I don’t need to clear space at the sewing machine!

P4050003

This is the one I did Thursday.  It is the first in a series that the local quilt shop is doing as a Block of the Month.  Of course I had to sign up when I saw that Iris was the first block.  And a lovely purple, too! 

I managed to cut one of the stem pieces backwards somehow, so did some improvising.  I seem to always make at least one mistake so that my version of a kit looks slightly different from everyone else’s!

P4060009

This is the one I did today.  It’s a McKenna Ryan pattern and I’ve been itching to do it for quite awhile.  I do like all her designs, but so far this is the only one I’ve actually done.  I plan to make this one a wall hanging for my kitchen.  Maybe I’ll hang it over the new coffee maker!

P4060010

Here are the two hanging side by side.  You can see they are not very large (note the cabinet handle in lower left).  At this stage, I could decide to put them together with other blocks in the series and make a larger quilt/wall-hanging.  I may do that with the flowers.  Something to think over, anyway.

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Love both of them! Were they kits, or patterns from a magazine? The coffee one looks tricky with all those curves..

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on my after holiday reading ... and had to tell you I love these. By now they should be quilted!
Judy B