This week’s experiment was sort of the same techniques as last week. Today I made a mixed-media collage page. I scrounged around in my “junk” drawer and pulled together different materials to make one piece.
In the top half, shown here, you can see a piece of metal that I pushed through a new mold I picked up recently. There is a piece of fabric “manufactured” by stitching snippets of fabric. And behind that is a piece of melted cellophane. The blue piece is a washing machine dye catcher. I don’t remember what item was that blue, but it had a lot of excess dye!
On the bottom half, you can see a piece of fusible web that has been painted. The girl’s face is stamped onto a canvas-like fabric and colored with oil pastels. You can just see that I used two blue hot-fix crystals in her eyes and a gold one at her ear. Along the left edge is a line of sequins, beads, and Tyvek beads.
Not too bad for an afternoon’s work. I had time to do some work on my wood elf sculpture and clean up my worktable! Hmmm. I should have taken a picture of that. It won’t last long!!