Monday, April 9, 2012

New York on my Mind

P1240001

This quilt block is called New York Beauty.  I always thought it would be too hard, but after taking the paper piecing class last fall, I decided to give it a try.  It can really be a pretty block.

P1240003

So, here are the finished blocks I showed in a Wednesday WOW post.  Nice, huh?  Wanna see what I did with them?

P1260002

I made a shirt-tail on this green top!  This shirt has been an old favorite of mine, except that it had a gathered band at the bottom.  When you are getting older and becoming short and round, the last thing you want is a gathered band focusing on your hipline!!!!

Well, the focus is still at the hipline, but hopefully it will be on these bee-yoo-ti-ful blocks and not on my – ahem – generous anatomy!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Very clever! If you have any of those blocks left over, they would make a great table runner.