Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Scatter

Today’s technique is mini marbles, also called micro beads.  These beads do not have holes, so they are attached using glue.  I remember using some mixed into a varnish on paper crafts a few years ago. 

P2260001

I did some free-motion stitching to make an indentation in the fabric to hold the beads.  Then laid down a line of glue and sprinkled beads, very similar to the way one applies glitter.

P2260004

The directions say to heat set after the glue has dried, so the beads will not fall off.  However, I found that beads are continuously falling off, even after multiple applications of heat. 

P2260006

I have to say that I don’t think I like this technique very much.  It occurred to me that this is the first time in working through this book that I haven’t enjoyed experimenting.  Oh yeah – some things have not worked out exactly as planned, but I always have fun and will probably try again some day.  Not with the micro beads, though.  Those things are tiny, but they are very annoying.  Especially when I find them in places I didn’t want them!

P2260005This is the back side of the page with foiling and glitter.  Those techniques I will definitely try again!

And how cool is it that I’ve worked through two-thirds of the book before finding something I don’t like?  Says a lot about how good this book is!

No comments: