Sunday, January 6, 2013

Serendipity Sunday–Twist Clockwise

Today’s folding was challenging to say the least!  The instructions in this book have been really easy to follow so far, so perhaps I missed reading an important step.  It wouldn’t be the first time!!

P1060001

My first attempt went pretty well, but I really had no idea how I got there.  So I tried again. . . and again. . . and again!

P1060004

It took me an hour to get the second one right.  No kidding!  I re-read the instructions several times and even tried a paper version.  I even partially unfolded the first one to see if that would help.  I nearly gave up, too, but I couldn’t do that.  What would I post about if I gave up?!  But eventually, I figured out how to do it.

P1060003

Feeling a little wary, I tried a third time.  This one took only about two minutes to finish!  Hooray!  Now, I’m feeling cocky, so I made a couple more.  No reason to stop now, right?

P1060008

Well, I wound up with a fairly nice looking 9-patch block, but it was really a trial to sew the blocks together.  When/if I make these again, I will secure the outer corners (centers are already hand stitched) and take more time to square it all up.  These were incredibly difficult to sew together and I had to redo each one of those four points to line up nicely.

That was exhausting.  Hopefully next week will turn out much easier.  I’m not counting on that, though!

No comments: