Sunday, March 10, 2013

Serendipity Sunday–About those tucks

Last week I looked at the next chapter and decided it was something I had done before.  This week, I took another look – and I’m glad I did!

P3100001

While it’s true that I have done crossed tucks before, these were done on the bias.  That was different!

P3100002

Here is what the back looks like.  Now, why did I not notice that the outer tucks were not centered on a side?  Those rectangles in the center are supposed to be square!  I guess that is why Jennie wrote a little “discussion” about mistakes not being a bad thing – the results are just different.  Describes me perfectly!

P3100003

So, back to my explorations.  I tacked some contrasting fabric in each of the (ahem) rectangles, and then proceeded to play.

P3100004

And here is the final result.  I added strips around the outside because all the handling and stitching warped the overall shape just a bit.  I kind of like the way it looks.  I bet I would like it even better if it were square!

Next week, I’ll be taking another look at circles.  Who knows – I could wind up with ovals!!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Aaaah! They are all so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love the effect of gathering the little squares ... perfect bows! Would be very pretty on a little girls quilt and there would be no danger of the bow falling off or coming undone.