Saturday, March 30, 2013

Well, Sometimes I Make a Doll!

It seems like a very long time since I last showed a finished doll on my blog.  Come to think of it, it seems like a long time since I actually made a doll.  So much for calling myself a dollmaker!

Nevertheless, sometimes I do make a doll . . .

P3230005

This doll is from a class I took with Christine Shively-Benjamin.  Christine always has lots of costume ideas and tips and I came away with  tons of ideas.

P3230010

She showed us her method for creating shoes . . .

P3230007

. . .  and hats.  Those curly-cue things are another trick she shared.

P3230014

I’m not sure why I chose to use a Halloween theme.  We had originally planned to have this class in October, which explains why I selected the fabrics in the first place.  But when it was postponed to March, I could have collected another set of fabrics.  Perhaps her green hair is in honor of St. Patrick!

I rejected a lot of “witchy” names as too bizarre, or too obvious, or just too too!  For now I’m calling her Winnifred.  Winnie the Witch is boring, though, so I guess she’ll be Freddy.

I’m on a roll now.  More dolly stuff to come!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Wow, a lot of work goes into these. Do you sell them, or keep them yourself? They would look great all lined up on a shelf.

Annie said...

She is marvelous! Love those shoes and the way you posed that well-turned ankle! Glad to see you haven't abandoned the dolls!