Sunday, April 28, 2013

Serendipity Sunday–Spring at Last!

Last week I started working in another book, but ran out of time before finishing the first project.  Here’s where we left off:

P4210006

Three buds, check.  Now for those other three stems.

P4230006

There are all the pieces, stitched and stuffed.  But before assembling these iris, I need to add one more element.

P4250003

After all, no decent iris would be caught without his beard!  Three rows of “turkey work” and my iris are ready to assemble.

P4250005

My Grandpa called these “flags” and a patch of purple iris blowing in the wind can look a lot like waving flags.  At one time I had several varieties growing in my yard and they were every color in the rainbow . . . and some never found in the sky!  Now I have a small bed of white iris.  They are finally growing this year, but not ready to bloom yet.

P4250006

This fiber vase will have to hold me until the real iris bloom.  I will leave the edges unfinished for now.  I think I want to make a wall hanging with all five of the floral pieces in this book, so will wait until they are all done before deciding on a finish.

P4280015

Here’s a sneak preview of next week’s flower.  Red!  Don’t you love it?  I do and I can’t wait to play with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love irises, and in particular the purple flag iris ... have some growing in my garden which started as transplants from the farm I grew up on.

Love these 3D ones too.