We are having some painting done, so I stayed home and worked in my own little studio today.
There’s plenty of projects there to keep me busy. In fact, the hardest part of the day was deciding what to work on!
I started out by working on these wings, gluing wires and getting ready to make them amazing. That sloppy glue job will be hidden beneath some color, so not to worry. I can’t seem to do a neat job – I think I’ve been glue-challenged since kindergarten!
I’ll need a body to attach those wings to, so I started on that while waiting for glue to dry. This is a body design I’ve been working on for a little while – you can see a previous edition standing at left in the top photo. I think it is about ready. Won’t know for sure until it is all assembled, but I’m liking the proportions better.
I have a pile of clay heads that really need to have bodies added. It’s nice to be returning to my doll making. About time!