Monday, May 13, 2013

A Letter to Anonymous

About five years ago now, I posted a nonsense piece about sending party invitations by butterfly.  It was titled “Never Trust A Butterfly” and was pure silliness!  For some reason, this post attracted spammers like crazy – averaging 50 or more daily!  They were entertaining at first so I delayed turning off comments, but really, when is enough?!  I imagethought my regular readers (all 3 of you!) might enjoy some of the silliness as well.

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your interest in my blog, particularly in my vast knowledge of butterfly behavior.  Since you have not signed your comments, I cannot answer your questions directly, but will attempt to answer in this post.  I hope my answers will provide for further enlightenment.

 

  • It's great that you've taken the effort and time to aid those out there who are looking for resources within this area.

Thank you.  Although my knowledge is limited to the butterflies I know personally, it’s nice imageto know my efforts are appreciated.

  • Thanks for every other informative web site. Where else may I get that kind of information written in such a perfect means? I've a project that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

I’m sorry to say that I do not know of any other resources on the internet.  Perhaps if you ask around your local butterfly community they can direct you.  Good luck on your project.

  • Good way of telling, and good article to obtain information regarding my
    presentation subject, which i am going to deliver in university.

Excellent!  It’s past time academia addressed this important topic.  Perhaps more information will become easier to find soon.  Too bad I cannot direct the second commenter to you, though.  Good luck.

  • Thanks , I've just been looking for information about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive about the supply?

imageMy conclusion is that butterflies do not make reliable long-distance messengers.  Short range, however, they should be an adequate means of getting the word out.  My experience has been that the supply is more sufficient during warmer weather, although not to be counted on in cold seasons.

 

 

 

  • An inteгеsting disсussіοn is definitely worth commеnt. Ӏ thinκ that you ought to write moгe abοut this topic, it may not be a taboo matteг but generally
    folks ԁon't speak about such issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

Yes, I have noticed that this issue is not generally spoken about.  Perhaps most people are simply not interested.  On the other hand, see below: 

  • Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

How wonderful to hear that others are interested in the same issues.  Let me know how your community responds.

  • It's nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people on this topic, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

Yes, it seems that there are not many butterfly behaviorists about.  However, these comments seem to suggest there are many more than we imagine!

  • May I simply say what a сomfоrt to uncοvеr an individual ωho genuіnely knows what they are talking about οnline.  You cеrtainly know hοw to bгing a ρrοblem tο light and make it impoгtant. A lot more pеορle should look at this аnd undeгstand this side of yоuг stоry.

Thank you.  I believe this really is an important issue that merits more discussimageion.  In my opinion, too many important messages are going astray simply because people have not carefully considered how they are sending.  Think of all the misunderstandings that could have been prevented!

[This one is my favorite!]

  • I almost never comment, however i did a few searching and wound up here "Never Trust A Butterfly!".  And I do have a few questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it appear like a few of the remarks come across as if they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P

While I don’t feel it is my place to remark on my commenter’s intelligence, I must say I have wondered if perhaps many have misunderstood the intent of this post.  It also occurs to me that maybe – just maybe – these readers are not actually reading this blog but really trying to direct readers to their own web sites.  What do you think?

image

 

Wishing you well,

The Butterfly Whisperer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I thought i was the only one getting those compliments, which, sadly, Wordpress always keep from other readers by directing them straight into the spam box.

I have to admit to having the odd giggle and get the odd headache trying to fathom what they mean!

It would seem that we both attract comments from the brain dead ... or is that because you comment on my blog ... and I comment here?