Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday WOW–May 22

P5220002

I was able to complete these blocks today.  I’m all ready for the next month’s instructions.  I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks, but that’s OK.  I have plenty of other projects to work on!

When you use the “sew and flip” method of adding that brown corner piece, you end up with a lot of triangles that get trimmed off.  So they became these":

P5220003

I’m sure I’ll be able to use them some time and they are all pressed and ready to go!  While I still had the scraps out . . . .

P5220004

The hexies are one-inch and this will become a pincushion.  I do enjoy sewing the hexagons once in awhile.

With that project all done for this month, I had time to start on another fairy tale quilt.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the progress on that!  But I did take a picture of the fabrics I’m using in it.

P5090001

I got about four blocks done so there will be plenty to show next week.  This pattern goes really fast, especially when I mis-cut my strips.  The pattern is very forgiving, though.  I think the blocks will just be a little bigger, and as long as I cut the rest of the strips the same size, it will be fine. . . . she said expansively.  Winking smile

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I do love seeing what you (and other people) do with left over scraps! You've been busy down in your basement; did you need to shelter from any tornadoes? We've been getting daily coverage of the disaster in Oklahoma...what a mess. Poor people, especially those who lost their children.