Today’s flower is a dahlia and I couldn’t resist borrowing the title of Susan Wittig Albert’s books for this post (I hope she won’t mind!).
The process was fairly simple – just stitching zig zags along a length of folded fabric. When the thread was pulled up, it became this:
I’m soooo glad I decided not to make the full projects in this book, because that would have required me to do this six times . . . on about 57” of fabric each! With my short attention span I could not have made it in one sitting!
This is what the base of the flower looks like. I added just a bit of stuffing and moved it out into the petals. Things go together much easier when the center is flatter.
Here it is – one flower and one bud. Looks good.
And here it is pinned up with the roses. Looks even better! I may have to make a vase full of a mixed bouquet one of these days. And yet another flower is on the schedule for next week. I wonder what it will be.