Sunday, July 7, 2013

Serendipity Sunday–Cockscomb

File:Celosia cristataII.JPG

If nothing else, I am learning a lot of new flowers!  While I’ve heard of the cockscomb, I don’t think I’ve actually seen one before. 

P7070001a

After cutting out circles for the past three weeks, I remembered that I have a circle attachment for my sewing machine!  I may be a slow learner, but eventually the lesson will get through.  LOL!

P7070003a

The circles are folded and gathered . . .

P7070005a

and ribbons folded and stitched to make the flowers and leaves.

P7070007a

P7070009a

Before I knew it I had three cockscombs complete with a leaf for each.

P7070010a

They’ve joined the other flowers in the Spring group.  The piece is filling up!  Not to worry, though, everything is pinned at this point so I can shift things around to make room if needed.  I see a few vacant spots, though.  I wonder what next week’s flower will be….

No comments: