Since my Sunday posts have all been about flowers recently, I thought I’d share a different flower project. This time it’s a geranium.
This piece was a kit I think. I got it from my auntie who had all the pieces but had never gotten around to doing the project. I decided to quilt the center background after appliqueing the stem and leaves.
It would have been very difficult to quilt it after the flower was done. Each floret is attached with three french knots. Good thing I like to do french knots!
I quilted the borders once everything else was finished. That gives it a double layer of batting, so it has a very nice, fluffy feel. Ready to brighten a corner of the living room!