Sunday, August 11, 2013

Serendipity Sunday–Campanula

220px-Campanula_persicifolia_Tehumardi_Saaremaa

Also called “Bellflower” this week’s flower is common across Europe, also found in North America.  There are many varieties, one of which is Canterbury Bells.  Now that is one I have heard of!

P8110001a 

To get the bell shape I started with the hexagon.

P8110002a

A dart was stitched and then opened flat.  This time, there were precise measurements for the stitching points . . . those are the kind of instructions I like!

P8110003a

A couple of folds and then a gathering stitch across the top.  Stitching through all those layers of fabric was the hardest part of this flower!

P8110005a

The leaves were made simply by gathering a length of ribbon.

P8110004a

And a small pearl finished off each of the flowers.

P8110006a

Here they are all finished!  You may notice that one of them is “inside-out”.  Ahem.  Apparently my spatial visualization skills are not as good as they used to be!  But it serves as a bit of contrast to give interest.  Right!  That’s what I’ll tell anyone who asks.  LOL!

P8110007a

And here we have the summer panel so far.  Half way!  I hope you are enjoying this series.  I sure am!

No comments: