Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday WOW–August 14

Today’s work was pretty simple . . . not very exciting.  That’s OK though.  Sometimes you don’t want exciting!

P8140001a

I’m working on a block-of-the-month quilt, and these blocks are destined to be background blocks.

P8140002a

The blocks with the green “stripe” will go together with the blocks that are dark blue.

P8140003a

Like this!  I got four of these done today.  Doesn’t seem like a lot, but first I had to sew the quarter blocks, so I guess this really represents sixteen blocks.  Whatever.  Four done and eight to go.

The completed block is supposed to be 17.5 inches square.  Now that I think about it, I have not checked the measurements.  Hmmm.  I’d better do that before going any further.  I wouldn’t be happy to find after they are all done that I need to trim the smaller squares before putting them together.

No, that would not be good at all!

No comments: