Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday WOW–August 21

I am a little late posting today.  Now that I think of it, I have felt like I was late all day!  Or maybe just sideways.

When we last saw our heroine (last Wednesday), she had just finished stitching these:

P8140003a

Photo from August 14

And at the end of today, we have these:

P8210004a

Yes, it’s the same blocks!  If you remember, I mentioned that I was going to check the measurements before continuing.  Well I did – and they were more than an inch off.  A whole inch!!!  So, I dug out the instructions and read them again.  Yup, it said to trim the blocks to 9 inches . . . twice! . . . and in bold type!  Oh dear.  Time to bring out the seam ripper.

 

P8210003a

Two hours later.  Yes, that was a LOT of trimming.  I don’t know why I have this problem with trimming half-square triangles.  I seem to always forget! 

So, while I did have to go back to square one, I also managed to get the rest of the quarter blocks sewn together.

P8210005aP8210006a

And now I am finally ready to move on to the next step for this quilt.  I had hoped to get to some more paper piecing today, but that didn’t happen.

Definitely a sideways day!

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh yeah, I can relate to trimming HSTs to within an inch of being chucked out!